The best economics humor ever

Almost all economics PhD students hate being PhD students. They get demoralized and abused constantly. The one day a year that they rise up in triumph is the “skit party.” Almost all the programs have skit parties where the students make fun of the faculty.

This video (from the Columbia skit party as far as I can tell) is the funniest thing I have ever seen produced by economists. The person singing in the video is pretending to be Glenn Hubbard who was one of the leading candidates to be the Chair of the Federal Reserve, but the job was instead given to Ben Bernanke.

[Correction, added May 5: Apparently this video was done by MBA students for their skit party, not by PhD students. I guess that explains why it is so good!]

(Thanks to Charlie Van Wagner for sending this link to me.)

TAGS:

1. CU says:

The skit is by MBA students from Columbia Business School, where Hubbard is dean, not PhD students.

2. CU says:

3. Clarice says:

I don’t think economists can get any funnier than that! I’ve watched 3 times, can’t stop laughing!

4. Clarice says:

5. leonard says:

just plan dumb!

6. leonard says:

just plan dumb!

7. Actually, it was created to lampoon Hubbard who didn’t make it to the Fed.

My favorite lines were:

1) “When demand then dips and the yield curve flips.”

and

2) “Bet that beard’s fake; we’ll be watching you”

8. Actually, it was created to lampoon Hubbard who didn’t make it to the Fed.

My favorite lines were:

1) “When demand then dips and the yield curve flips.”

and

2) “Bet that beard’s fake; we’ll be watching you”