Tonight on ABC’s “20/20″

Late notice, but: tonight I’ll be appearing on a two-hour John Stossel 20/20 special called “Scared Stiff: Worry in America” (9-11 p.m. EST). I loved the theme of the show when first approached and, when I started to think through what Freakonomics material would be worth talking about, I realized that nearly everything we’ve written about, either in the book or our journalism or the blog, has some element of people worrying too much about something (or, less frequently, not worrying enough). So sitting down to talk to Stossel about the subject was among the least harrowing TV experiences I’ve ever had. For all I know, I’ll end up all over the cutting-room floor but I’m looking forward to seeing the show regardless.

TAGS:

1. kr8tr says:

I read the title of this as ““Scared Stiff: Worry in America” (9-11)” – for some reason. Made the rest of the post seem not to make sense, until I went and re-read it.

The brain is an odd instrument!

2. kr8tr says:

I read the title of this as “”Scared Stiff: Worry in America” (9-11)” – for some reason. Made the rest of the post seem not to make sense, until I went and re-read it.

The brain is an odd instrument!

3. pkimelma says:

kr8tr raises an interesting question: was the choice of time a coincidence? Having it 9-11 and the subject about being scared, hmm…

4. pkimelma says:

5. Razela says:

Coincidence. 9pm would be a pretty standard time to have the show at. Also, it’s not even at 9 everywhere. In Arizona it’s on at 8.

6. Razela says:

7. egretman says:

I hope the show is better than his last book, which was a mile wide and an inch deep. A really lazy effort.

8. egretman says: