The middle name Wayne strikes again

I previously blogged about a woman who had the odd hobby of clipping newspaper articles for crimes where the perpetrator had the middle name “Wayne.” The blog News of the Weird also has reported on this phenomenon.

The latest gruesome crime out of Texas doesn’t break the mold:

What, neighbors at the Red Oak Place apartments wondered, was going on in the unit where 27-year-old Timothy Wayne Shepherd lived? What was he burning at all hours, for days at a time? The answer turned their stomachs.

According to law enforcement officials, Shepherd dismembered, and then burned the body of his former girlfriend, Tynesha Stewart, a 19-year-old Texas A&M University student. Nothing remains of Stewart’s body, Harris County Sheriff Tommy Thomas said at a press conference Saturday.

(hat tip to R. Hamp Nettles)

TAGS: ,

1. kah says:

This post deserves more comments but it is so complete on its own that I think people are not sure what to say.

I find the X Wayne X crimes very interesting – please keep us updated, even given few responses.

(Perhaps this is also an answer to Stephen’s recent question about why people post on blogs: Because they detect a missing link to fill in. They don’t post if there is nothing left to say.)

2. kah says:

3. rubemode says:

My middle name is Wayne. Does this make me predisposed to some future criminal act?

4. rubemode says:

5. egretman says:

Yes. But relax. This is just known as Texas divorce.

6. egretman says:

Yes. But relax. This is just known as Texas divorce.

7. Rhea says:

This crime was so gruesome. What a sick guy. I guess we can say he’s another Wayne.

8. Rhea says: