A New York Trifecta?

Now that it’s looking a bit more likely
that Michael Bloomberg could maybe, perhaps,
possibly run for President
on a third-party ticket,
you’ve got to at least entertain this bizarre
ballot possibility in 2008:

For U.S. President:

Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

Rudolph Giuliani (R-NY)

Michael Bloomberg (I-NY)

How nice it would be, speaking as a NYC resident, to know that regardless of the outcome, that pork dollars would begin to flow our way. I’ve read many accounts of how immigrants in the early 20th century came to New York expecting that the streets to be literally paved with gold. Immigrants a century later might actually find that to be true.

1. Given gold’s relative scarcity and malleability, I hope that New Yorkers can hope for better pork barrel spending projects than a questionable paving scheme.

2. Given gold’s relative scarcity and malleability, I hope that New Yorkers can hope for better pork barrel spending projects than a questionable paving scheme.

3. Harlan says:

For this mostly-liberal NYC resident, I’d vote Clinton in the 2-way race and Bloomberg in the 3-way race. In fact, right now, I’d take Bloomberg over anybody in the Democratic field except maybe Obama. But I don’t think Clinton/Giuliani is a possibility. If Rudy wins the GOP nomination, half the GOP would defect and there would be a 3rd party spoiler from the right, Brownback or somebody like that.

We don’t want the streets here to be paved with gold. Rents are too high as it is! Make everyone stay away!

4. Harlan says:

5. Kent says:

Arrow’s impossibility theorem

Wikipedia says, “In voting systems, Arrow’s impossibility theorem, or Arrow’s paradox, demonstrates that no voting system based on ranked preferences can possibly meet a certain set of reasonable criteria when there are three or more options to choose from.”

6. Kent says:

Arrow’s impossibility theorem

7. hyrumberg says:

I don’t see how anyone could be proud of their city/state excepting charity such as pork. If we could slice the pork out of the budget we could cut taxes for the poor and middle class.

8. hyrumberg says: