The FREAKest Links: Ron Paul Takes The Stage Edition

Just in time for tonight’s GOP debates, Michael Scherer at Salon offers a closer look at the growing GOP shake-up caused by presidential candidate Ron Paul, whom we’ve blogged about before.

News from the International Journal of Hospitality Management: Diners will spend more money in your restaurant if it is scented with lavender. The bad news, as pointed out by British psychology student Jeremy Dean, is that lavender-loving customers also occupy the table for a longer period of time.

Rutgers economics professor Sara Markowitz finds that raising the price of cigarettes seems to cut down on instances of SIDS.

1. frankenduf says:

I would scent my restaurant with eau de italian bakery- is there a better scent for salivary (hence monetary) hemorrhaging?

2. frankenduf says:

3. furiousball says:

Ron was great on the Daily Show last night. Getting out of Iraq, getting rid of the IRS – I like this guy.

4. furiousball says:

5. chappy8 says:

I find Paul entertaining too, but come on.

He takes the very open market libertarian stance of free trade (without formal agreements), but then says no immigration!?

Also, claims the current account deficit is killing us (it is) but then that we should go to the gold standard!? This implies blowing up the Fed and presumably paying off (or alternatively ignoring) our debts today. That should be really easy to do with no IRS.

Anyway, I think Paul points out that people want an option that is (somewhat) idealogically consistent and thinks ‘out-of-the-box’, but this doesn’t always translate into something coherent or can deal with reality.

6. chappy8 says:

I find Paul entertaining too, but come on.