Organic Beef Jerky?

I saw some “organic beef jerky” at the grocery store today.

Are there actually people who eat beef jerky who care whether it is organic?

Next up we’ll have organic chewing tobacco and organic Pringles.

1. JH says:

I’ve been having organic deer jerkey for years. But that’s mostly because I shot a deer and had some of it processed into jerky.

2. JH says:

3. discordian says:

Organic is hot property.
    I was in food packaging biz between 2000 and 2003 as “certified organic” was building.
    If you really care about it look for a non-government certifier like Oregon Tilth. That’s an indicator that the company is will to pay for the proof.
    Last I knew, USDA had no teeth due to lobbyists.
    Tilth audits were very thorough.

4. discordian says:

Organic is hot property.
    Last I knew, USDA had no teeth due to lobbyists.
    Tilth audits were very thorough.

5. Matt says:

Just head down the chips aisle and you’ll see plenty of organic Pringles on the shelves. Of course, they’re a different brand name and manufacturer, but gimmicky chips are nothing new.

6. Matt says:

7. zoe says:

If I were to bring home organic beef jerky it would go straight onto my husband’s inedible list, right beneath tofu and lite beer. As he likes to say, “real men don’t eat organic.”

8. zoe says: