It Is An Eagle You Want On The Golf Course, Not A Hawk

Professional golfer Tripp Isenhour is learning this subtle distinction the hard way.

TAGS: ,

1. Will Penman says:

While I highly doubt that he was “extremely upset and continue to be upset” at hitting the hawk (my reaction would be “Got him!”), I also doubt that you could really call it a “petty, mean-spirited” act. Some people just get their feathers ruffled over nothing, in a manner of speaking.

2. Mike B says:

“Now watch this drive.” :-D

3. Brad says:

That’s despicable behavior. I hope he gets the maximum sentence.

4. Murray H. says:

I agree with Mr. Markarian… (see quote below) and I think those who choose to joke about it perhaps should be hit in the head with a solidly hit golf ball to know how it feels… and then see if they think it funny.

Humane Society executive vice president Michael Markarian said Isenhour should face charges.

“Americans have no tolerance for cruelty to animals. Such a petty, mean-spirited act against a wild bird is inexcusable and prosecutors are right to hold Isenhour accountable to the law,” he said in a statement released Thursday

5. Jodi says:

“I didn’t mean to kill it…” Right.

Just another self-absorbed idiot who has no respect for anything.

6. kevin says:

I’m a libertairian. And I’m certainly not a tree hugger or PETA activist. Still, it seems cruel.

I say he should have to pay a fine. A significant fine. He’s a pro golfer, though. This is chump change to him I’m sure.

7. mike says:

Good gravy people this was a bird. Does this really deserve this much press re say Israel seminary where people were killed.

8. Matt says:

Well said Mike. Though I don’t condone senseless behavior like that, lets focus our energies on real tragedies.