How Fit Is Your Brain?

We know Freakonomics readers love brain teasers. We hope you’ll test your brain on these five puzzlers. The results, completely anonymous, will be compiled and analyzed by the Vision Lab and the Social Neuroscience and Psychopathology Lab at Harvard University. Have fun … for science! (HT: VSL) [%comments]

1. David says:

I just did one of the tests, the one with numbers and dots and I think I am going to be dizzy for a month. There should be a disclaimer.

2. dizzzzzy says:

81%…88th percentile…51 years old.

3. Jirka Lahvicka says:

My experience with the first test:
    * in the first real question, there were no dots at all
    * the test completely stopped responding after the second phase out of five (just waiting for server response…) – both my computer and my internet connection are fine

Maybe they should test their own tests first?

4. evgeny says:

I did poorly on the numbers test. Now I’m sad.

5. Justin says:

83%, 95th percentile on dot test. No issues with the test working.

My wife and I both took the famous faces test. I got 10 and she got 18. We’re all smart in our own way I guess.

6. Steve says:

same experience as above; didn’t show me dots on the first test; tried to take the second test and it stopped responding

7. Science Minded says:

what do the results mean– I tried the first test after a night of waking up 6-7 times, not in my own home and a very difficult week of living in two different homes at once and came up below average as one would expect for someone who has not been able to focus on one thing at all-the entire week.

so if you don’t take into consideration the person’s state at the time, I guess they mean nothing.

8. Himanshu Chanda says:

The first test had a biiiig survey to fill. I thought the Numbe test will ask me how many quesions you answered in the survey :) But on the blue yellow screen it stucked. I guess by 200 ms they meant 200 million seconds. Tried to get thru the second one and oh god again the survey…. I guess the result of this experiment is — ppl will simply quit this test irrespective of the age, gender, height, etc etc etc…..