Cognitive Bias Song

Here’s a little ditty that catalogs and musically explains a useful list of cognitive biases uncovered by behavioral psychologists.

It was created by Bradley Wray, a high school teacher in Maryland, as a study aid for students preparing for their AP Psychology exam.

How are you biased? Let Bradley Wray count the ways.

Hat tip: Authentic Organizations blog.

TAGS:

1. JB says:

So charming – thank god for teachers like this!

2. Brandon says:

Using “your” when you mean “you’re” isn’t exactly the best way to inspire confidence in your teaching abilities.

Nice guitar playing, though.

3. Dan H. says:

Great job! Ignore that grammer police guy. Everybody makes mistakes like that. In fact I think that his comment may be an example of anchoring bias; focusing in on one detail when the whole thing is awesome! Great work.

4. Spooner says:

The lyrics are terrible. This guy jams more extra syllables into the lines than Paul Simon.

5. Volf says:

Brandon,

I noticed that too, but how petty can you be? Obnoxious.

6. Howard Tayler says:

The extra syllables are part of the charm. As a former songwriter and record producer I found the whole piece wonderful — and as a guy who likes hacking his own brain, I found it quite useful.

7. Eric M. Jones says:

“…It’ll inlfuence…” and that “your” thing, and “Self Consistency… (s/b Self-Consistency)….and more. This guy is a teacher; he should do better. Maybe he could trade some axe lessons for spelling guidance.

Brandon is right.

AP Psych and others. Check the wonderful article in Wikipedia:

8. Chris says:

I agree with Brandon and Eric. It wasn’t just one simple grammar mistake – this thing is FULL of typos and simple mistakes. It indicates almost no proof-reading whatsoever. The song is kind of cute, but the video is a major fail for an AP-level teacher. Proof-reading!!

• Michelle says:

I think the point is he has made a song that helps his students remember the different types of bias and their definitions …. perhaps he does not have someone proof reading his work as others do… Well done Sir I will be using this little ditty during my examination … Thanks to my Lecturer for posting this link…

Cheers