Bleg: Most Notable Quote of 2011

I’m starting to think about my annual list, run by the Associated Press, of the top 10 most notable quotations of the year.  By “notable” I mean “important” or “famous” or “particularly revealing of the spirit of our times” rather than necessarily being eloquent or admirable. Last year’s winners were a tie between Tony Hayward‘s “I’d like my life back” and Christine O’Donnell‘s “I’m not a witch.”

I would welcome suggestions of notable quotations from 2011, particularly ones from politics or popular culture or entertainment or sports or business or technology.

1. Amy says:

It’s got to be Charlie Sheen’s babbling about ‘winning’ and having tiger’s blood.

• Steve P says:

What about Seth McFarlane’s reply to Charlie at his Comedy Central Roast? “You say you’ve got Tiger Blood but with all the hookers you’ve been with its probably Tiger Woods’ blood”

2. Allison M says:

I am a fan of Mitt Romney’s recent gaffe, as a reason why he fired the company who hired illegal immigrants – “I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake!”

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 12
  3. Snowflake says:

It has to be charlie sheen in pop culture atleast

I think twitter has given us ALOT more quotes to take from this year, everyone posting their insights

4. Lucia Lozano says:

“If Lehman Brothers had been Lehman Sisters, today’s economic crisis clearly would look quite different.” -Christine Lagarde

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 11
  5. Greg says:

“We are the 99%”

6. Dave says:

“(John McCain) doesn’t understand how enhanced interrogation works.”

– Rick Santorum

7. T. Weymouth says:

I’ll believe that corporations are people when Texas executes one.

8. Evan says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Disliked! Like or Dislike: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 7