“Homicide Victims Rarely Talk to Police,” and Other Horrible Headlines

From a friend, who got them from a friend, who got them from someone else, here’s a collection of newspaper headlines that don’t quite accomplish what the writer set out to accomplish. Anyone who has ever written or published anything can surely sympathize — and laugh. (P.S.: Are any of them real?)

TAGS: ,

1. La_Boheme says:

And people think The Onion is the fake news.

• BingoT says:

What are you talking about? I Google searched if The Onion is fake, and a search result said it was “totally legit”… Check your facts!

2. Demian Farnworth says:

Unbelievable. And funny.

3. phil says:

“Diana alive hours before death” is taken from a satirical UK newspaper called Private Eye.

“exclusive to all newspapers” is also a joke, but then you would have to understand english to get it, I suppose.

• Bob says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Disliked! Like or Dislike: Thumb up 46 Thumb down 66
      • Bob v. Phil says:

I think his point was, anybody who can read English should have known that this one wasn’t real.

4. Lore Sjöberg says:

Heh, I created one of these images as a joke. I’m tickled that my Photoshop skills were enough to get it sent around as a real headline.

5. RogerP says:

The British satirical magazine, Private Eye, has published at least one book of these.

My favourite is “Man Found Dead in Graveyard”

6. Amberjack says:

Several of these are spoofs. But thanks for playing.

7. Fiona in London says:

Love your books, but: The first headline is a fake, from the British satirical magazine Private Eye (www.private-eye.co.uk).

8. Bob says:

In other news, I was still awake hours before going to sleep, and I was still asleep hours before waking up.