Who Is Listening to Freakonomics Radio?

We’ve now been making Freakonomics Radio for three years. (Here is a complete archive; you can also subscribe at iTunes or get an RSS feed.)

We have a good sense of the number of listeners (we do roughly 3 million downloads a month) but when it comes to who those listeners are, we don’t know very much. So we’ve put together a listener survey, below. If you have five spare minutes, please fill it in. What can we give you in return? If all goes well, more free podcasts!

Thanks.

1. Andrea Saenz says:

I download the iTunes podcast, and even though I’m not an economist, I have quickly become a faithful listener since I started subscribing last summer. I’ve heard all the podcasts at least twice through, and I wish you guys could put out a full episode a week! I really hope you can keep this going!

2. Eric A. says:

When do we get to see the results? Next Week?

3. Alex says:

The survey is flawed. The question that asks what other podcasts I listen to requires an answer, but it doesn’t have an option for “Other”. Does that mean I’m required by you to listen to at least one of those? haha. Granted, it’s not all that important. Also, that list is missing the #1 podcast in the world (or at least top 5), The Adam Carolla Show.

Also, for “how often do you listen to the show”, you need a “binge listening sessions every few months” option. That’s what I would click.

Thanks for the show!

4. Daniel says:

Even though I’m currently living in the US, I am not a US citizen. I started listening to the podcast back in my home country, Guatemala. The survey doesn’t allow a country input option.

5. Stan says:

Number 15 would only show up to a # 5 on my phone…

6. Eureka says:

It would be nice to have an “other” category for gender, for those of us outside the traditional binary.

7. Seminymous Coward says:

I answered that I listen to them all, but, for the record, I actually read all the transcripts. You talk too much slower than I read, to be honest.

8. Andrew says:

I really enjoy listening to the Freakonomics podcast. While I am a big proponent of the *free* podcast, if you are looking for a revenue model to keep things going, I’d consider a “freemium” style model similar to what is done for another podcast I follow called Mysterious Universe. They have free episodes for all and extended versions and other perks available for subscribers.

Keep up the great work!