1. German startup "Schimpf-los" ("swear away") provides telephone therapy for those who want to blow off steam by cursing. (HT: V. Brenner)
2. The "left-digit" effects for cigarettes.
3. Tim Harford's book Undercover Economist has an updated chapter on the financial crisis. You can download it for free if you have the book.
4. China rounds up 2,000 people for fake pharmaceuticals.
5. Major League Soccer set to create a "smart league" with a microchip on each player that records "more than 200 data records per second." (HT: Michael Kesterton)
6. Nice new blog called Spreadsheet Journalism from Abbott Katz.