The Freakonomics Fan Club

It might surprise you to learn that more members of the Freakonomics Fan Club hail from New Jersey than any other state. Well, actually, all of the Freakonomics Fan Club members are from New Jersey. All two of them.

Except for my mother, Janice and Carole Szelich (president and co-president of the fan club) are the most loyal fans we have. I first met them while doing an on-air interview with my friend Michael Smerconish in Philadelphia. Later they came to see me talk in Princeton. They send my kids great gifts and indulge my wife’s gambling addiction with a steady stream of lottery scratch cards.

Below is a picture taken at the one of the fan club meetings.

TAGS:

1. umchaos says:

I’m a fan of Freakonomics… how does one go about joing said fanclub!?

2. umchaos says:

I’m a fan of Freakonomics… how does one go about joing said fanclub!?

3. aparnavs says:

Well you do have a new member in the fan club, unless you have specific restrictions. Well I guess I match the two criteria pretty well:

I enjoyed the book, read the blog diligently and follow your articles (causal)

I live in NJ (correlation??)

I am trying to talk in the Freakonomics linga :-)

4. aparnavs says:

I enjoyed the book, read the blog diligently and follow your articles (causal)

I live in NJ (correlation??)

I am trying to talk in the Freakonomics linga :-)

5. aparnavs says:

*lingo

6. aparnavs says:

*lingo

7. kentavos says:

I wonder if James Joyce ever had such a strong fan club?

The comment about the comparison in your naked self-promotion was great.

It’s amsuing to see such modesty in the section titled “naked self-promotion”.

8. kentavos says:

I wonder if James Joyce ever had such a strong fan club?

The comment about the comparison in your naked self-promotion was great.

It’s amsuing to see such modesty in the section titled “naked self-promotion”.