This Is What Happens to People Who Listen to Too Much AC/DC…

They grow up to write economics papers like this one, which looks at whether participants in lab experiments get closer to efficient outcomes when exposed to one lead singer of the rock band AC/DC versus another.

I hope for this guy’s sake he has tenure.

(Hat tip to Joshua Gans.)

TAGS:

1. ils vont says:

Wow what a ridiculous study, I would rather see a study about how many people think AC DC sucks. My hand is in the air.

2. ils vont says:

3. David says:

How does he know efficiency wasn’t due to the song instead of the screecher/vocalist? What about a control? How efficient are responses when they aren’t hearing what can only be described as a banshee going through a sex change operation without the benefit of anesthesia.

4. David says:

5. smperk says:

The respondents to the survey were Canadians. I wonder if the results would be different in America. Or anywhere else, for that matter. Someone should do an entire analysis of every top 10 band in each genre from 30 countries and see where interests lie.

I may have overstepped some boundaries there.

6. smperk says:

I may have overstepped some boundaries there.

7. jerry richardson says:

I thought this was going to be about Richard Ramirez, noted AC/DC fan, also known as the “Night Stalker”.

8. jerry richardson says: