FREAK Shots: An Irrational Tip

Here’s some nerd humor. This one comes to us from the Fail Blog; it’s titled “It’s Not That Your Service Was Irrational, Just Your Tip Amount”:

epic win photos - Tipping WIN

TAGS:

1. RObger says:

What in the picture suggests a larger tip is warranted?

From the picture it’s impossible to tell what the product or service was and what country it’s from. Or maybe the service just sucked. That’s more than enough of a tip for plenty of things in plenty of places.

2. Alan T. says:

Perhaps the service was transcendental.

3. Enter your name... says:

HAHA.. Probably an irritated customer who had really bad service..

4. Kevin says:

Should’ve tipped (e-1)*pi to get around 20%

5. Jan says:

Simply elegant n creative!

6. Mike says:

Could have been a buffet. Standard tipping there is 10%

7. CDC says:

I don’t understand why we should tip…

I just don’t get it…

• William says:

You tip for services rendered. Most tipped employees make less than minimum wage without said tip. Im easy to get to tip. Be nice and make sure my drink stays full. 20 percent is usually my minimum if everything is ran right. Ive given as much as a 100 percent. Mainly because the girl was cute and she made me feel good when I was down. And if you have ever worked for tips you would understand.

• cdub says:

Then raise their wages and include the cost in the price of the meal. When I was a teen I became a bagboy at one store while a friend became a bagboy at another. My store was quite strict about not allowing tips, he worked for tips only. Not only did I make a lot more money on average (sure, he had some weeks that were better) but that store is out of business and the one I was at is going strong 20 years later, despite being more expensive.

8. Julie says:

Maybe they just really liked the pie…