Questions That Come to Mind After Yesterday's Football Games
- Who is more in need of a witness-protection program today: Billy Cundiff or Kyle Williams? (I’d pick Cundiff even though Williams is guiltier.)
- Looks like defense really doesn’t win championships. Here’s the regular-season defensive ranking (yards per game) of the four teams who played yesterday: Ravens (3rd); 49ers (4th); Giants (27th); Patriots (31st). Giants will play Patriots in the Super Bowl.
- At least the Harbaugh parents won’t spend Feb. 5 in a Sophie’s Choice situation — but I’m guessing they would have preferred to.
- Will Eli Manning sleep in Peyton Manning‘s guest room before the Super Bowl? Doubtful. But given the Indy setting for the game, will Eli draft off Peyton’s popularity for a little home-field advantage?
- If you had to predict an unlikely hero of the upcoming the Super Bowl, who would you pick?
Last week, we shot our final round of this season’s Football Freakonomics segments in the Giants’ locker room. It was fun:
When it comes to hand hygiene — a topic we explored in our latest podcast — the Giants employ a strategy I’ve never seen before: hand cleanser right there at the urinal!
If you are a public-health official and don’t know which team to pull for on Feb. 5, I would imagine this would tip the scales in the Giants’ favor.