Indexed: Baby-Name Edition

Here’s the latest from Jessica Hagy, the creator of Indexed and our regular guest blogger:

Hagy babies

Hagy babies

1. Toni says:

I like these two…especially the second. However, if I had to do it again I’d have named by children John and Mary and been done with it.

2. Toni says:

3. Tom McGarry says:

If I could forecast with great confidence who would be the male and female film superstars six to twenty one years from the baptisim of each of our children, I might let that influence my/our name choice, just as we might be influenced by the names of the male and female Democratic presidents. But lacking that ability, I/we would stick with the proved staying power of Thomas Francis, Mary Elizabeth(Libby), and Charles Bernard.

4. Tom McGarry says:

5. Scott Harker says:

When you hear someone in Wal-Mart yell “Travis!” or “Kayla!”, why are you not at all surprised when you see the mother?

Maybe it’s just NE Ohio, but those two names, by far, are the favorites among low-income, low-educated families. I’m not finding fault, mind you. It’s just an observation.

The names chapter was my favorite in the book. It just made concrete what I’ve been telling people all along.

6. Scott Harker says:

7. http://goldenapples.wordpress.com/ says:

They’re too simple and tells little. The blog should have a “Best Of,” so we can get to the good stuff.

8. http://goldenapples.wordpress.com/ says: