- German startup “Schimpf-los” (“swear away”) provides telephone therapy for those who want to blow off steam by cursing. (HT: V. Brenner)
- The “left-digit” effects for cigarettes.
- Tim Harford‘s book Undercover Economist has an updated chapter on the financial crisis. You can download it for free if you have the book.
- China rounds up 2,000 people for fake pharmaceuticals.
- Major League Soccer set to create a “smart league” with a microchip on each player that records “more than 200 data records per second.” (HT: Michael Kesterton)
- Nice new blog called Spreadsheet Journalism from Abbott Katz.