What Do We Really Learn From Failure? (NSQ Ep. 43)
Also: What is teasing supposed to accomplish?
* * *
Relevant Research & References
Here’s where you can learn more about the people and ideas in this episode:
- Amy C. Edmondson, Professor of Leadership and Management at the Harvard Business School.
- Dacher Keltner, Professor of psychology at University of California, Berkeley.
- Hot Seat: What I Learned Leading a Great American Company by Jeff Immelt (2021).
- “Strategies for Learning from Failure” by Amy C. Edmondson (Harvard Business Review, 2011).
- “In Defense of Teasing” by Dacher Keltner (The New York Times, 2008).
- “Grit: Perseverance and passion for long-term goals” by Angela Duckworth, Christopher Peterson, Michael Matthews, and Dennis Kelly (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 2007).
- “The Core Competence of the Corporation” by C.K. Prahalad and Gary Hamel (Harvard Business Review, 1990).
- No Such Thing As A Fish
- Jeff Immelt Knows He Let You Down (Ep. 452), Jeff Immelt on Freakonomics Radio (2021).
- “Jack Welch, G.E. Chief Who Became a Business Superstar, Dies at 84” (New York Times, 2020).
- Passion Plays: TMSIDK Episode 5, Angela Duckworth on Tell Me Something I Don’t Know (2016).
- Notes From an Imperfect Paradise (Ep. 380), Angela Duckworth on Tell Me Something I Don’t Know (2019).
- Long-Term Thinking in a Start-Up Town (Ep. 381), Angela Duckworth on Tell Me Something I Don’t Know (2019).
- Can Britain Get Its “Great” Back? (Ep. 393), Dan Schreiber on Freakonomics Radio (2019).
- How to Get More Grit in Your Life (Ep. 246), Angela Duckworth on Freakonomics Radio (2016).
- Am I Boring You? (Ep. 225), Angela Duckworth on Freakonomics Radio (2015).
- Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump (2011).