How Can You Stop Feeling So Irritable? (NSQ Ep. 46)
Also: what’s wrong with being impatient?
* * *
Relevant Research & References
Here’s where you can learn more about the people and ideas in this episode:
- Amy Morin, editor-in-chief of Verywell Mind.
- Matthew Lieberman, professor of social psychology.
- Mother Teresa, saint in the Catholic Church.
- “Is Interrupting Inherently Jewish (and Inherently Rude)?” by Mira Fox (The Forward, 2021).
- “Do Conversations End When People Want Them To?” by Adam M. Mastroianni, Daniel T. Gilbert, Gus Cooney, and Timothy D. Wilson (Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, 2021).
- “8 Things to Do if You Feel Irritable,” by Amy Morin (Verywell Mind, 2021).
- “Putting Feelings Into Words: Affect Labeling as Implicit Emotion Regulation,” by Jared B. Torre and Matthew D. Lieberman (Emotion Review, 2018).
- “The Developmental Psychopathology of Irritability,” by Ellen Leibenluft and Joel Stoddard (Development and Psychopathology, 2015).
- The Lab Rat Chronicles: A Neuroscientist Reveals Life Lessons from the Planet’s Most Successful Mammals, by Kelly Lambert (2011).