What Changes Will Stick When the Pandemic Is Gone? (NSQ Ep. 55)
Also: would you take a confirmation-bias vaccine?
* * *
Relevant Research & References
Here’s where you can learn more about the people and ideas in this episode:
- Raffaella Sadun, professor of business administration at Harvard University.
- Robert Putnam, professor of public policy at Harvard University.
- Daniel Kahneman, professor of psychology and public affairs at Princeton University.
- Philip Roth (deceased), novelist.
- “Collaborating During Coronavirus: The Impact of COVID-19 on the Nature of Work,” by Evan DeFilippis, Stephen Michael Impink, Madison Singell, Jeffrey T. Polzer, and Raffaella Sadun (Harvard Business School Working Paper, 2020).
- “Pandemics Leave Us Forever Altered,” by Charles C. Mann (The Atlantic, 2020).
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman (2011).
- Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community, by Robert Putnam (2000).
- American Pastoral, by Philip Roth (1997).